Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Boy 2!

Congratulations to me! Congratulations to me! Congratulations to meeeeee, Congratulations to me!!

(hint: sung to the tune of Happy Birthday)


So I did it. I have managed to keep Boy 2 alive for an entire year!!! Minus a few scraps and bruises - all of which weren't MY fault!! But he is alive and just the happiest little guy!

A year ago I couldn't imagine having to care for yet another human being and now I would be lost without him! He has made me who I am today - a stronger person!

It's been a roller coaster of a ride - with Shitface being gone for almost 6 months of his first year and me being a "single" mom to not just one kid but three! And then there were the reactions to every formula I tried except Nutramigen (the most expensive around) and ear infections (that I didn't know he had) and late night crying episodes (again from formula).

But with the rough times there have been many, many good times and memories. Like when he rolled over for the first time at 3 months old and his first tooth and his first foods and when he learned to do the army crawl at 4 months and he learned to sit by himself and he learned to pull-up at 6 months and started walking at 9 months! And his first word was Ma (Shitface will even tell you) - even though he has refused to say it since than. And his first sentence just recently- I wuv eww - AKA - I love you!

His personality is really starting to show now too - while he can be loving and give lots of kisses, he can also have a temper when he doesn't get his way (we can thank Daddy for that one!). He is also very independent and can entertain himself for hours.

Girl and Boy 1 have been great older siblings too. Girl loves to help take care of him (bathe him, feed him, entertain him) and Boy 1 loves to play around and rough house with him. (It took him a little longer to come around to him but once Boy 2 starting moving he was all about it.)

Our life is complete with you Boy 2!! So Happy 1st Birthday to you! We love you!

1 comments:

jubilee said...

Oh.My.Goodness. Boy #2 sounds so much like my Boy #2 (aka whirling dervish)! He rolled over to sleep right around three months and refused to sleep any other way. I laid on the floor of his room for several nights scared sleepless.

Whirling Dervish was a surprise and I wasn't sure I was ready to be a mother of three so quickly after becoming a mother of two. He broke the mold and I had to throw out all I thought I knew about parenting, but I wouldn't trade him for anything!

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.