Monday, July 21, 2008

Water Country

As I mentioned we took the kids to Water Country USA on Saturday. And while we didn't spend half of the college savings like we anticipated; we did spend about 1/4 of it!

But it was well worth it. The kids had a blast and much to our surprise Boy 2 was able to hang in there until 8 o'clock when the park closed.

We got off to a late start of the day because we decided we would let Boy 2 nap as long as possible for his morning nap - which took way longer than normal this time. And then we still had to go on base at Langley to get our discounted tickets. And then it was after lunch time so we had to stop and feed the kids. And then we were finally able to get on our way there. Of course it was about 1:30 or so when we got to the park. But we figured it was open until 8pm so we would have plenty of time.

I didn't get any where near as many pictures as I had anticipated getting - but then again we were at a water park - with water everywhere! Water and digital cameras - not so good together. So the camera spent most of the day in the diaper bag attached to the stroller - which sat unattended most of the day just waiting for some one to steal it.....which luckily no one did!

So here are a few photos from our adventure:


Here is Boy 2 - all suited up in his life jacket!







This is Boy 1 demonstrating his newly learned swimming skills.


Here is Girl pretending to take a shower at one of the kiddie areas.






This is Boy 1 and Girl after a water slide - however Girl threw Boy 1 off the raft before I could click the picture! (You can kind of make out his head...)


Here they are both on the raft. I know - not a great picture - but it's not like you are allowed to actually see their faces anyway (in steps paranoid husband!)



And here is Shitface and Boy 2 on the water slide! And yes, I said Boy 2. His 1st water slide at 12 1/2 months old! And he LOVED it! (Shhh - don't tell Shitface there are visible pictures of him!)

My favorite attraction there would have to be Hubba-Hubba Highway. It was similar to that of a lazy river, but moved at speeds much faster. And it was something that we could all do together and everyone enjoyed it.


Of course there are no pictures of this because I was actually participating. You would think that I wasn't really on this trip but in actuality Shitface just forgot how to use a camera!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.