Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Air Power Park

Yesterday we stopped in at the Air Power Park. Unfortunately it wasn't a planned stop so I didn't have my camera with me. But than again, there wasn't much to it so a camera probably really wasn't needed!

Driving by it every time we go to Langley; it seems like a nice place. Until you stop up close and realize that there is practically no maintenance done anywhere. The grounds are all over grown and the planes and stuff are all pealing and just short of falling apart. The kids kept wanting to touch them but I was afraid they would crumble on top of them if they did!!

I guess the kids had fun looking at them - they ran from plane to plane yelling, "come here, come here" and by the time I got Boy 2 there they had lost interest and were already off to the next one.

I found a few pictures of the exhibits. Like this one and this one and this one. You'll just have to use your imagination to see what it actually looks like now though - over grown grass (that practically swallowed Boy 2!), pealing paint, flat tires, etc, etc.

They also had a small playground that I let them play on for a few minutes before they lost interest in that too. I think we spent a total of 45 minutes there. Glad I didn't have this planned as a day trip - I would have pretty unhappy!!

2 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

It would have made for a vey long day. I don't know too many boys who don't love airplanes.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. You can use the when they grow-up idea. I stole it from someone else.

Amy said...

Bonnie- Thanks. Look for my when they grow up soon :-)

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.