Friday, May 30, 2008

Baby Steps

So I just finished putting the boys to bed and as I sat and watched them play and wrestle before bed I was thinking back to this time last year. I was as big as a house - pregnant at the time with Boy 2. Boy 2 was born July 5th and at this time last year - I had another month and a couple days to go. It really doesn't seem like it was all that long ago as I have vivid memories of being pregnant.

It really is amazing how fast they grow up. In Boy 2's first 11 months of life, he has had so many firsts - his first roll, his first foods, his first sitting up, his first tooth, his first pulling up, his first Christmas and Easter and even his first walking as he started that at a little over 9 months. And only 1 more month before his first birthday!!

While I'm happy Shitface and I have made the decision to have no more kids (at this rate they'll all be out of the house and self supporting by the time we're in our early to mid-forties), at times I miss them being so little - the days and nights when they would fall asleep in your arms and they want nothing more than to hold on to Mom. Oh, those were the days -- I guess they all have to start growing up and becoming more independent or I wouldn't be doing my job. But I'm still entitled to be sad about it.

And on a side note (well kinda) - I swear that Boy 2 is starting to say actual words. And I mean besides da (daddy) and ba (bottle). - he says: bye, doggie, kitty cat and your welcome. I know some; including Shitface think I'm crazy!! But every time you say lets go bye-bye or the dog starts barking or he sees the cat at daycare or even when you tell him thank you - he makes the same sounds and to me it sounds like those words. So maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear because of lack of normal adult conversation or maybe I'm just plain crazy. I guess we'll never know!

Have a great weekend! See you on Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.