Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mother/Daughter Eye Bonding

Daughter Eye Problem

Girl wakes up this morning and shows me her eye. I look at it and say, "Yea, it's a little blood-shot, you're fine and yes you're still going to school." I didn't really know what, if anything, was wrong with it, but I told her I would look at it again when she got home.

When Girl gets home today she tells me that she complained to her teacher about her eye and was sent to the nurses office. (Of course, I figured she would complain because that's just what she does!) Here's the rest of the conversation:

Girl: The nurse put eye drops in my eye.

Me: The nurse did WHAT?!?!?!?!

Girl: Yea, she did it the first time and....

Me: WHAT, she did it more than once!?!?!?!

Girl: Well yea - she wanted to see if the redness would go away - but anyway I have a note in my folder.

So I figured ok, I'll see what the note says. So we get home and I tell her I want to see the note. I figure the note is going to tell me what happened and what they did to her.... I figured wrong! The note simply stated that she had been seen in the nurses office for an eye irritation and in parenthesis it said probably allergies. Further down on the note it said that I should have the enclosed prescription filled just to prevent any possibility that it could be pink eye and that there was no need to keep her home unless she had fevers or discharge from her eye.

I couldn't believe it! Not only did it not mention that they put anything in her eye but the school nurse was sending home a prescription!!! I was furious as I assume many others would be as well. (However, as a side note - Shitface was totally not upset over this whole thing. He couldn't figure out why I was making such a big deal out of it.) While I know (at least I think I do) that Girl is not allergic to anything, but how on earth can someone else just assume that. What if she woke up in the middle of the night and her eye was swollen and I had to rush her to the emergency room - what would I have told them. Uh...I think someone put something in it, but don't ask me what.... And than to write me a prescription, which I later look up and find out is an antibiotic. The last time I checked - antibiotics were not to be given out "just in case" because then they don't work when you need them to.

I, needless to say, am not getting the prescription filled and I will be making a trip up to the school tomorrow morning to voice my unhappiness with the whole situation! Wish me luck!!

Mother Eye Problem

As for my watering eye - yes it is still watering. Yesterday I called Kirk Army Clinic to get an appointment and they told me they could see me next Wednesday. Are you kidding me!! More than a week later;; when I've already had this problem for 6 days!! So than I called Kimbrough Army Clinic a little bit further away and they said they could see me the next day, that being today! So of course, I took the appointment.

I had to rush around and get all the kids dropped off so I could get there on time but I made it and it was worth it. Much to the objections of Shitface, there really is something wrong with my eye. All weekend, all I heard from Shitface was that it was all in my head - mind over matter, blah, blah, blah. Well apparently there is a tube that runs from your eye into your nasal cavity for drainage purposes. And mine is apparently clogged - or at least that's what they think. So they have me using this antibiotic/steroid ointment in hopes that 1) I won't develop an infection from the stag net tears and 2) that the steroid will help to push what ever is blocking it through. Otherwise they said they would have go in and clean it out - and quite frankly that just sounds like it hurts!! Pray for me that this medicine works and I don't have to go through that torture.

So after all of this, Shitface still tells me its all in my head. Of course whenever anything is wrong with me - it's all in my head. If he has a little cold though, he's laying on the couch crying over it! Go figure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.