Sunday, June 13, 2010

Things not everyone gets to say at work

As our school year is coming to an end, I thought I would share a little bit of insight into my day at work. As some of you know, I work in an early intervention classroom working with special needs three and four year olds.

It has been a very hectic year as we had way more students in our class than should of been acceptable. On some days we would have as many as 19 students. That's more than most of the typical classes in our school. To say there were some rough days would be an understatement, but in the end when we get to see how much these students have progressed over the course of the year, it has been absolutely amazing!

To give you an idea of some of the antics that have taken place, these phrases were uttered at numerous times during the school year, either by myself or from one of my co-workers:

Get your hands out of the toilet

Please stop peeing on the wall

No, you may not pee in the pool

Take your fingers out of your nose

Put your shirt back on

Get out of the locker

Get your hands out of your pants

I'm not your mommy

Stop putting your toys in the toilet

[name of student] does not want you to sit in their lap - please get up!

Don't eat the playdough

Please stop smelling me

Sand does not go in your mouth

These other things that may have been heard in a low mumble from various adults in the classroom as well...

Stop deep throating that dinosaur

Stop playing with it, it's not gonna disappear

It's gonna fall off if you don't stop

Stop feeling me up

To say the school year was exhausting and I'm ready for summer is an understatement - but we sure did have fun during the process.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

lol!!! This was so funny, I really laughed out loud:) Thanks for that!

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.