Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Follow - Up Wednesday

This isn't really a follow-up - really just a continuation from yesterday as the kids had woken up from naps and I couldn't really finish up.

I just realized that everyone may not know why we moved to Virginia for the summer. As I think I have mentioned before, Shitface is in the Army and was recently promoted to Warrent Officer. Of course along with this promotion comes many, many months of school. He spent about 8 weeks down at Ft. Rucker in Alabama for the initial school; which was VERY strict. He could only call home once a day (if that) and had about 30 minutes of talk time (if we were lucky). So after this school he was home for about 3 months and than had to head off to Ft. Eustis in Virginia for 8 months! (He left in March and will be back sometime in November.) I figured it would be nice to spend the summer down here with him and to give me a break from being a single mom to three kids! So here we are!

Back to the rest of my story.....
So Monday I couldn't take it any longer and I broke down and bought a high chair - for FULL price! I think I was on the verge of loosing my mind if I didn't do it. Trying to feed Boy 2 on the floor on one of those bed table things just wasn't working out for me! The dog was loving it though!

So it was off to Target Monday morning after breakfast and Boy 2's morning nap (which only lasted about 45 minutes). Now of course why would Shitface think to leave me MY GPS in an area where I have no idea where anything is?!?!? So after driving around forever and finally being able to pull up half-way decent directions on my phone - we made it to Target. Which is only about 3 miles from the house!! I figured I would buy the cheapest highchair there was and use the $20 gift card that was sent to us from Verizon and only have to pay about $20.

This idea would have worked great had they had the cheapest highchair in stock - it was only $34 and I only would have had to pay $14 out of pocket - not a bad deal! But of couse - no such luck! They only had two in stock - one at $109 and the other at $54. I really thought of trying to find a Wal-Mart (which I loathe) and go there but figured I had put the kids through enough trying to find Target! So I unhappily bought it. Of course I was happy I had done it when we got home and I had to feed the kids lunch!! So much easier!!

Girl and Boy 1 are adjusting nicely to the change. And Boy 2 isn't doing horribly but he's not a fan of his "new" room....or at least that's the conclusion I've come to after all the screaming.

And me...I'm not doing too bad either. Things would be easier if I could get MY computer up and running on the Internet so I could actually work. As it is now I have my laptop and Shitface's laptop side by side - mine so I have the softwares I need and his so I have access to the Internet. Not an ideal set-up but I guess it will have to do for at least a couple more days! Shitface spent almost 2 hours on the phone with a Verizon tech support person on Monday and yes, he did get his computer working again but mine just wasn't having it....(I think it's missing home!).

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and we continue to make this adjustment and than make sure you think of us again in 2 months when we do it all over again going home!!! (I must be crazy!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.