Saturday, May 1, 2010

What Was He Thinking?!?!

Please tell me why my near 3 year old has insisted on coming to get in bed with me almost every morning for the past week and a half. Normally he doesn't come down until about 6:30am - which I'm completely fine with because I should be awake by then anyway (although I rarely am).

But seriously, two times in the past two weeks, he has come down into bed sometime in the wee hours of the morning and climbed into bed with me. I know...that doesn't sound that horrible...

BUT - both times, it's been because he's peed in his bed! Do you think that this sweet child of mine, would bother telling me - hey mom, I peed in my bed, I'm soaking wet and I'm about to get into your bed? Of course not, why would he do that.

Then not only do I have to change his sheets and blankets but than I have to change all of mine as well. This is not exactly what I want to be doing at o-dark thirty when I should still be getting those last few precious hours of sleep. (Oh how I miss having Daddy home to help out with these times.)

And the kicker to it all - after the first time, I thought he had peed in my bed when he climbed in sometime in the middle of the night. And I said, "Mommy is not happy that you peed in my bed!" And with the biggest smile on his face full of pride he says, "Mommy I peed in MY bed too!" That's when I realized what was actually happening.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has a child that does this.....

3 comments:

ToadMama said...

Now that is not a fun new trend...

mom2ahrj said...

lol! my 3 1/2 yr old son has been waking me around 2:30am the last few mornings just because he wants me to take him into my bed - now, i kinda like having him to cuddle with but...2:30? really? lol! maybe it's in the air!
thanks for stopping by my blog!
http://neverjustahousewife.blogspot.com

Goodnight moon said...

Super saaaaweet! Gotta love that! And not to mention the next time you move...you will HAVE to tell the movers that it was your SON that peed the bed, not you!

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.