So way back in the beginning, when I started posting again, I came up with a list of deployment goals. Since deployment has officially begun and he was at the mob site for two months prior to that, I figured it was time to revisit those goals.
1. Read at least 12 books. I'm already on track for this. I'm not really sure why I set the goal so low though. I've read the following so far:
An Ocean Between Us
Separated By Duty, United in Love
Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul
BrainPower, Game Plan
And I'm currently reading:
My Sister's Keeper
The Coupon Mom's Guide to Cutting Your Grocery Bills in Half
We'll see if I keep up with this pace since school starts again soon. I'd love to have recommendations if you've read anything good lately.
2. Complete at least 4-5 classes towards my graduate degree. I finished my spring class and I've registered for 2 classes for this summer. (Yes, I do know I'm crazy!!) Still hoping to only have 3 or 4 left when he comes home.
3. Take a picture a day. I have actually been doing this. Not in the way I originally intended though. (Although I have gotten really good at bringing my camera and taking pictures almost every where we go.) One of the things I do, is take a picture a day of me with my phone and either text it to him (when he was in the states) or email it to him at least once a day. He says it makes his day to see my face when he gets them.
4. Lose 10 pounds. While I haven't actually lost 10 pounds yet, I have been working on it. There is a group of us at work that is doing the biggest loser. I was hoping the cash prize would help to motivate me...and it does if I'm alone. The second I have people over the diet is forgotten! But I've also started by at the YMCA again since we have the free membership during deployment.
5. Send B (ako Girl) to Operation Purple Camp. Unfortunately, this won't be happening. I received an email in the beginning of May that stated that she was placed on the wait list. I still don't know what criteria they think she didn't meet because I know I registered her 5 minutes after registration opened. I've emailed them twice and still have gotten no response. I'm disappointed....
6. Plan at least 6 outings/day trips during the summer with the kids. This is still in the plans. I'm working on details already for some of them. I'm sure I'll post them as they happen.
7. Pay off as many bills as possible. This has been started too. Even with no "extra" money coming in yet, we've been able to save and start putting money towards bills. We also got rid of my Explorer since we have no need for two trucks and two payments when there is only one of me. The extra money from that all goes towards paying off bills! Yahoo!
8. Finish at least one home improvement project. I'm still hoping for this to come true. I think I'll need to enlist the help of some friends/family though.
9. Decide on paint color for the kitchen and PAINT it! The color has been decided. Now it's actually just finding the time to do it. Hopefully over the summer!
10. Visit my parents WV Place at least three times. This is in the works as well. Our first visit will be over the long memorial day weekend. We're all excited!
11. Going skiing/snowboarding with my brother and sister at least once. This hasn't even been mentioned anywhere but here, but in my defense, my sister is still half-way around the world!
12. De-clutter! This has begun as well. I sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay and made over $100 in the process. I've also thrown away and given away umpteen bags of stuff as well. This is an on-going project though and I need to get the kids out of the house to really have a go at their rooms.
So there you have it, an update on my goals. So far, I'm even fairly impressed with myself. I'm beginning to think maybe I didn't set hard enough goals!
Did you set goals for yourself? Or are you going to?