Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday Morning Meme

Perusing through blogs the other day, I found this meme and decided I'd save it for a day when I was not up for blogging. Which happens to be today.... So here goes:

1.How long have you been a Military Wife? It will be 4 years this August. We have big plans to celebrate our 5 year anniversary when he gets home!

2. How many deployments have you gone through? This is our first one.

3. What do you like about being a Military Wife? I've learned that I'm a much stronger person than I ever gave myself credit for.

4. Do you live on base? No and I miss it.

5. What is your favorite base so far? We haven't been to a ton of them but Ft. Belvoir would have to be my favorite of the ones we've been to.

6.What's the hardest part of the military life? The constant coming and goings.

7.Do you go to the grocery store or commissary? I use to shop at the commissary but since I started couponing I shop weekly based on ads at the grocery store.

8. Do you prefer Dress Blues or Dress Whites? Dress Blues.

9.Do you have a lot of Military Wife friends? Not a ton. There are a few and a few who had prior service but I wish I had more.

10. Do you prefer wal-mart or the BX/PX? The PX here sucks! And I hate Wal-Mart. I'm a Target girl all the way!

11. So how did your Husband propose? When we got home after a long day of helping my parents on their house in WV. He had asked my dad's permission.

12.Did you marry him after he joined or before? After. Although we've known each other since we were 14!

13.How long have you two been together? Goes back to the last question...we're going on 16 years on and off! Back together for 6 years.

14. Any kids yet? Yes. 3.

15. Any kids yet to come? I hope not. 3 is enough.

16. Is your husband one of those (I am army hear me "HOOAH"/ I am Marine Corps hear me "OOHRAH") kind of guys? No. He is a family guy and his family comes first.

17.Have you ever done combatives with your husband? No.

18. How many bases have you lived at? One. But we've been to many others just haven't lived there.

19. If you could change one thing about the military what would it be? That AGR soldiers don't get screwed with everything!

20.Do you like military balls? I've never been. We've had dining outs - but that's not really the same.

21.Where does your family live? Maryland.

22.Do you have a job? Yes, right now I'm working part-time at an elementary school with special needs kids.

23. Have you ever gotten in a fight with a CPO's wife? No.

24. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone? Blog.

25.Do you think other wives do that too? Yes, probably everyone who is reading this!

26.When you see movies about the military, do you notice when things aren't right? Sometimes but I do it with all movies. My husband does it sometimes too.

Hope everyone enjoyed. Let me know if you decide to do it as well, I'd like to see everyone else's answers too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.