Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Damn Bulbs!

So as every military wife knows, things just seem to go wrong when our spouse is gone. Whether is for training, TDY or deployment. Things just never go smoothly.

Take for instance at our house: Our basement has flooded not once, but TWICE while my husband was gone. The dog had to have major surgery while he was gone. I can't begin to tell you how many plumbing issues we've had while he has been gone. Our water heater stopped working while he was gone. A tree fell on our fence while he was gone. I've caught the microwave on fire while he was gone.

So you get the point. I'm sure I could list more if I really thought about about everything over the past several years - all of the above are just within the last three - almost four years!

So I've been feeling pretty lucky (knock on wood) so far this go round - with nothing major happening as of yet. (yes, I know I still have 10+ months....) But the one thing that seems to be going wrong - I think I've practically replaced every single light bulb in this house within the past two months! Seriously!

The lamp bulbs, the vanity bulbs, the overhead bulbs, the outside porch bulbs - you name it, I'm sure I've replaced it recently. The final straw today though....I got pulled over on post.

Not for just one bulb either. I got pulled over for having both a headlight and a tail light out at the SAME time! This would never happen to anyone else! And I know they were fine just several days ago - so they both literally had to happen at almost the same time. Go figure...

So it looks like I'll be off to Auto Zone during my lunch today to replace those bulbs too.

I guess if this is as bad as it gets this deployment, then I'll be good. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the worse that happens.

2 comments:

ToadMama said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, too, kiddo.

As a side note... Rags noticed the "new" car seat in my car and got a chuckle. :-)

Renee said...

Ugh... I understand the frustration. It's like an invisible timer goes off as soon as the husbands leave...and everything goes haywire! Hang in there..just think.. all the bulbs should be good for a long time!

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.