I've been thinking about what goals I want to set for myself for this upcoming deployment. I've had a ton of ideas cross my head but the longer I think of them, the more unrealistic some of them seem. The last thing I need during deployment are self-imposed unrealistic goals hanging over my head and I'm not about to intentionally set myself up for failure. So here is my list thus far:
1. Read at least 12 books. This accounts to at least one book a month. Shouldn't be too hard but we'll see what happens with my course load. I also want to try to integrate some self-help type books into that mix as well...
2. Complete at least 4-5 classes towards my graduate degree. So far I've completed three and I just enrolled in my fourth. If I complete 4-5 next year, I'll be more than half way done my degree.
3. Take a picture a day. My ultimate goal with these pictures would be to email one picture a day to SF.
4. Lose 10 pounds. This has been an ongoing goal and I'm trying to techniques that I talked here. We'll see how it goes.
5. Send B (ako Girl) to Operation Purple Camp. While the locations of the camps have not yet been released - I would love to be able to send her for a week. I'm also not sure of the age limits either but if G (ako Boy 1) meets the age limits I would consider sending him as well.
6. Plan at least 6 outings/day trips during the summer with the kids. I don't plan on the older two being in summer camp at the CYS all summer because I want to be able to do things with them too. I'm thinking they'll be in camp at CYS for four or five of the eight weeks...
7. Pay off as many bills as possible. I'd love to be debt free, except for the mortgage and one truck payment if at all possible - but those goals maybe set too high, especially since I'm not sure how much "extra" money we'll be getting.
8. Finish at least one home improvement project. God knows there are MANY that are not complete! I'm not sure which one I want to tackle yet though.
9. Decide on paint color for the kitchen and PAINT it! This goes along with goal #8 but this will be a new project not a half finished project waiting to be completed.
10. Visit my parents WV Place at least three times. I know that doesn't sound like many times but it would be way more than I've gotten there in the past few years.
11. Going skiing/snowboarding with my brother and sister at least once. We had so much fun the last time we went. Maybe this time we could make a whole weekend out of it.
12. De-clutter! I'm tired of all the useless crap we have around the house. It's time to get rid of it and what better time to do it when there is no one that can object.
I've had these twelve goals written for quite some time now and have been meaning to add to them. As you can see, that hasn't happened and has delayed my posting of them. I can't even think of any that I was planning on adding so, if and when they come back to me, I'll add them.
In the meantime, if you have any good ideas or goals that you've had for previous deployments that I haven't listed, please let me know.