Just in case you were wondering... I was abducted by aliens with no internet access for the past couple weeks! (And that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)
Things have been pretty hectic since SF got home (that's for you Dad;-) - you know with aliens and all how can it not be hectic!
There's a lot to catch up on and I'm sure I'll be doing that over the next couple days. Until then here is a list of things I missed while SF was gone. Some of them I had forgotten about and some of them I knew I couldn't wait to have back!
1. The smell of his cologne that hits me in the face when I get home from the gym - long after he has left for work.
2. The relax time after dinner where we just lay on the couch and talk while the kids occupy themselves.
3. Not having to make dinner every night of the week.
4. Not having to do all the laundry. (Yes, SF generally does the wash and folds it and then it sits there until I put it away.)
5. Snuggling in bed, on the couch - wherever.
6. Seeing AMSA 83 come across the caller ID. (His number at work.)
7. SF calling in to check on me 3 million times a day. (yes, he really does do it that many times some days - and you would think it would get annoying -that is until you don't have it)
And then of course there are the things that I forgot how much I couldn't stand too. Like:
1. Bottle caps laying around all over the house.
2. Socks that didn't make it into the hamper - lying right next to the hamper.
3. The cup on the coffee table EVERY morning that I have to take up to the kitchen.
4. The stealing (okay maybe sharing) of MY GPS unit.
5. SF waking me up in the middle of the night singing some song in his sleep.
All in all we have adjusted fairly well to being a "whole" family again. It has been difficult to adjust to no longer being a single mother and oddly enough I almost feel like I have less time these days (hence the lack of blogging).
I guess it follows that old saying "Give the busiest woman something to do and she'll find time to fit it in" (okay maybe that's not the actual saying but it goes along those lines.) With less things on my plate I can't seem to fit them all in anymore. Weird isn't it....