Friday, August 27, 2010

Numbers

7:  The number of days since I have last been on blogger.  I've taken an unannounced/unexpected break from blogging and the internet in general this week (okay, really - I did read a few posts from my phone while waiting at various places over the course of the week) and have been trying to be productive.

558:  The number of unread posts in my Google reader.  (See above).  My break has been a success but I miss reading everyone's blogs and feeling like I have some sort of adult interaction.  I'll be back soon but please excuse my lack of commenting (or perhaps even reading altogether) as my Google reader is scaring me and I might just be tempted to hit the "mark all as read" button.

5.5:  The number of hours I spent in the Pittsburgh airport on Sunday trying to get home.  The flight was delayed numerous times due to weather (or so they say - when I spoke to my parents at home they said it was sunny and the birds were chirping...)

20:  The number of weeks my husband has been gone.

2: The number of times I was puked on by my lovely 3 year old at the football field on Monday night.

48:  The number of days since I've spoken to my (supposed) best friend.  There will be a post coming shortly about this and really just friends (or the lack there of) in general so far during the course of deployment.

139:  The number of days my husband has been deployed. We are more than half way to R&R!  Yay!

4:  The number of nights I spend on the sports field every week between football and soccer.  Not to mention the 5 1/2 hours I'll spend on the field this Saturday for the actual games.

1:  The number of times we ate out as a family this month.  After spending a ton of money last month, I challenged myself to stop the frivolous spending (which included eating out).  And even this one time, was a stop at McDonald's for lunch last Friday before I dropped my kids at my parents house on my way to the airport.  To celebrate, we're going out to dinner tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.