Friday, August 27, 2010

Mil-Spouse Friday Fill-In #10


I never got around to doing Mil-Spouse Friday Fill-In's last week since I was in Pittsburgh.  But I'm back this week for week #10.

Here are the questions for this week:

  1. What secret indulgence do you act on while your spouse is away? (from Devil Dog Darling)  Blogging and excessive use of the internet.  Although it's not really secret, I guess.  When hubby is home my internet time is limited so we can spend time together after the kids go to bed; when he's not home, I have ALL night!
  2. If you were a spice, what would you be? (from New Girl On Post)  Hmmm....this is a hard one.  Part of me wants to say Old Bay because I'm from Maryland and I like a little spice in my life.  The other part wants to say Thyme because I'm always giving my time to my children, family and friends.    
  3. Where do you go for support when your significant other is deployed? (from Texas Meets Washington)  My family and maybe a few select friends.  I thought going into deployment that I had a strong support group of mostly friends, I have learned in the past several months who my true friends are.  I've also learned that my family (my dad, mom & sis) are going to be there no matter what happens.  
  4. What is the oldest thing you own? (from A Troop’s Girl)  The oldest thing I own, is actually older than me.  It's my baby blanket which I apparently stole from my big sister when I was a baby.  I've always had it close over the years and would cuddle with it if I was sick or sad but right now it's serving time in Kuwait with my hubby!
  5. How did you vision your future pre-military? (from Daddy’s Duty)  There never was a future pre-military for us.  Even when we first started dating in high school we knew he would be in the service - back then we thought Navy and not Army but the service non the less.  I couldn't what our life would be like without the military even if I try to think about it now.  I have no idea where we would be living or what we would be doing for careers either.  

I hope you guys join in and link up over at Wife of a Sailor, if you don't already.  Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.