Saturday, March 13, 2010

Declutter

I'm feeling very overwhelmed with deployment quickly approaching and I hate that I have no control over it. I'm one that likes to be in control and this is driving me crazy.

So I had an idea to start working on goal #12 early and start working on de-cluttering our house. This way I can at least feel like I have control over something and as a bonus it helps keep my mind off of the inevitable - at least for the time being anyway.

I started tonight on my closet and dresser. Even though I feel that I regularly get rid of clothes, I still managed to get rid of two trash bags full of clothes and another stack of clothes (some with tags still attached!) that I'm hoping to find time to list on Ebay.

Next on my list is to de-clutter the rest of the bedroom. Currently, there are tons of military related books, rank and extra gear spewed throughout. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it all - but I do know that it needs to be removed from my room! (Reminder: Add to the honey-do list of things to get done before the month is over)

Wish me luck on getting through the next few weeks. I'm sure I'll need it.

2 comments:

shan said...

Just make sure that nothing in those two bags marked for eBay is something of mine that you're supposed to be holding on to for me! :-)

Amy said...

That's funny. I actually had that same thought as I was sorting through it all!

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?

OBSCENITY ALERT:

This Blog is my outlet. It's where I share my thoughts and feelings. It's a place where I can vent. Not everyone thinks alike. People don't always share the same religious or political views. Some people (like me!) occasionally think in more “colorful” terms than others. Sorry, but I'm a big girl and can use cuss words and talk about not-so-mainstream stuff if I want to. If you find that sort of language offensive / shocking / annoying, you may want to stop reading now. Life as a military wife ain't always pretty. It's my life, though, so don't say I didn't warn you.