Friday, August 29, 2008
1. When I'm sick I'm still expected to do everything I normally would even though my husband acts like a big baby when he's sick.
2. When I take a walk, I think about all the other things I should be doing.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can pay for a second house in VA when I could of spent it on a million other things.
4. Cotton makes me feel all comfy and leather makes me think why would you wear leather?
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was... I honestly don't have dreams about things like this - does that make me weird?
6. My favorite color these days is brown because I have no shoes that fit to wear with anything brown so of course that's what it would be!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to hopefully getting a decent nights sleep, tomorrow my plans include driving to VA to visit with my hubby and Sunday, I want to relax before my drive back to MD on Monday!
If you would like to participate or read others go to Friday Fill-Ins.
Have a fun holiday weekend!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Back to today's post. It is a fun meme. Ten random/weird things about me. And just so you know - I stole the idea from Myra at We Make Three. As I said yesterday I'm just not feeling too creative lately.
So here it goes:
1. I don't really like cooked vegetables - except for green beans. I eat most of them because I can't see forcing my kids to eat them if I won't. (Oh except for peas - I absolutely won't touch 'em!) I would prefer to have fresh (uncooked) vegetables any day!
2. I'm a list-aholic. You can read all about it here. It's so bad that I've been known to get out of bed to add to or make a list!
3. I won't eat any meat off of a bone. Nothing - no chicken, no ribs, no steak. Just the thought of picking it off disgusts me! (But if Shitface picks it off for me - I'll eat it)
4. Speaking of meat and Shitface... Shitface cuts my meat for me every night at dinner. One night we were having a romantic dinner and he insisted on cutting my steak. I told him if he did, he would be doing it for the rest of his life. (And so far he has!)
5. I'm always on time. Well I use to be before I had a husband and kids that is! Shitface always thinks it's me that makes us late - and I guess it is but that's because not only do I have to dress/pick out clothes for three kids, I have to pick out his clothes too! And then I can get myself ready.
6. I've eaten a salad every day for breakfast for the last 7 days. And no I'm not pregnant! It's just what I crave when I get home from the gym.
7. Speaking of salads. We currently have 6 salad dressing in the fridge. They are:
- Lite Honey Mustard
- Country French
- Greek Vinaigrette
- Sun Dried Tomatoe Vinaigrette
8. I've known my husband since we were 14! He also broke my heart three times over the years!! (Lets see - our Freshman year in H.S, our Sophomore year in H.S and our Senior year in H.S) I always went back though because I knew he was "the one".
9. I don't remember the last time I've seen a movie in the theater. Well actually we saw Surf's Up about 14 months ago but I don't remember the last time I've been and not seen a kids movie!
10. I'm an organizational freak! (When I want to be anyway) Everything has a place and I want it to be there! The kids actually know what "Mommy Clean" is and hate when I ask that question about their rooms. That means their headed back to their room for at least another 30-60 minutes to clean again.
So there you go. Ten random and weird facts about me. If you would like to share yours just post them on your blog and leave me a comment letting me know. I'll come over and visit - even if it does mean neglecting my blog even more!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
It's just that with moving back and trying to get re-organized and school starting and soccer practice 3 nights a week and every client I have with the business wanting to meet "right now". And then there's the house cleaning - which I finally did tonight for the first time since we've been back. But oh yea, I had to fix the vacuum first. Who knows how it broke - maybe lack of use during the summer!
So needless to say I'm still trying to get back into the swing of being a "single mom" again. Hopefully, I'll get some sort of routine into place and be able to have some time to blog! Or maybe I'll just start neglecting my mommy duties - I mean really do the kids have to eat!?!?!
And I'm already planning my post for tomorrow - well since it's already so late you're probably reading this on Thursday - so I guess I should say my post for today!
See you then!!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Boy 1 and Girl spent the time arguing, complaining and bickering with one another in the backseat. It was great fun.
However at one point in time here was the conversation overheard from the backseat:
Boy 1: Leave me alone!
Boy 1: Leave me alone!
Boy 1: Stop copying me.
Boy 1: Stop copying me.
Boy 1: Stop it!
Boy 1: Stop it!
Boy 1: PLEASE! Stop!
Boy 1: PLEASE! Stop!
Boy 1: Blah, blo, blah. (His actual words!)
Boy 1: Blah, blo, blah.
Boy 1: Quit.
Boy 1: Quit.
So are you thinking by now that Girl was irritating him?
Well she wasn't. She was sitting there quietly minding her own business.
So what was going on?? We figured out he was playing the copy cat game with himself!
Only my Boy 1 would think of doing such a thing.
Monday, August 25, 2008
WTF?? A pile of laundry you say!!
Well yes, it is a pile of laundry. A FOLDED pile of laundry.
My sister was over and kept Boy 2 at the house while I took Boy 1 with me to Girl's soccer practice. While she was home with Boy 2 she found several baskets of clean clothes that needed to be folded. (Ok, she didn't find them. I did mention they were there but I didn't ask her to do it!) And she folded them for me since I've had such a hectic week!
Thanks sis!! They probably would have been there for a few more days if it wasn't for you!
You wanna know why else my family is so great? Ok. Look at this:
WTF?? A smiley face drawing you ask?
Well yes it is. It was on a piece of paper under my keyboard on my desk and it made me smile when I found it. Love you too Mom!!
You wanna know why else they're so great? Go see this!
I was sitting in traffic when I read this and just started crying. I wouldn't be who I am today without you Mom!
Oh yea and I can't forget Dad either. He's been watching the kids during our TTT since Shitface has been gone. And when I say "watching" - I mean watching them sleep since I don't leave till they're already in bed! But none the less, he comes over so I can go out. I wouldn't be able to go if it wasn't for him. Love you Dad!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Would you like to know who I look like?
First it was:
Then there was:
Kate Bosworth. I've heard that name before but looked it up anyway. She's an actress/model.
And then. Get this:
Boyonce! And no I didn't have to look this one up. But does anyone else realize that she's not of the same cultural background as me?? From my research her dad is black and her mom is black and creole. So how do I look like that??
(And just to set the record straight - I'm not really complaining because she is beautiful!)
Anyway, try it out if you'd like and post it to your blog. Then leave me a comment telling me you did it too and I'll come visit!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
On our trip back from Virginia I decided I would teach the kids how to play that game. I know I always loved it when I was a kid and I figured it would keep them occupied for a while.
They were really excited when I pulled up to the first truck. He didn't honk though. Then they were excited when I pulled up along side another truck. He didn't honk either. This continued for quite sometime - actually a really, really long time.
I was beginning to wonder if truckers even played this game with kids anymore. Surprisingly the kids weren't getting tired of trying though. So we continued on.
Finally the kids decided they thought the truckers couldn't see them because of the tint on the window so they asked if I could roll the back window down for them. Which of course I did because I'm the nice mom.
It wasn't until we got to I-95 that the kids got their first honk. And boy were they excited! They squealed and giggled like no tomorrow. Of course since I love to hear them so innocent and so excited I speed up to catch up to the next trucker. No such luck this time.
We did end up getting 6 or so truckers to honk at us. And I say "us" because I kind of got into it too. I raced and weaved in and out of 4 lanes of traffic so I could catch up to the next trucker only to then slow down and drive next to them so the kids could try again.
So to anyone out there who may have been stuck behind or around my SUV on I-95 N last Friday afternoon - I apologize to you all. But seriously if you would have heard their excitement you would have understood.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Girl: The trees in Maryland are so beautiful. They're so more beautiful than the ones in Virginia.
Boy 1: Yea I know. And the little ones are Sooooooo Cute!
Girl: Yea I know. Maryland is great!
(Do you think they are happy to be home too?!?)
Boy 1: Will you stop blessyouing on me!!
(Yes, Girl was having a sneezing fit...)
Boy 1: Can you make the dog stop ruffing?
Me: You mean barking?
Boy 1: No I mean ruffing!
Monday, August 18, 2008
I don't really want to replay it step by step again in my head but in summary lets just say it involved 4 hours of sleep on my part, Boy 2 not going to daycare, lots of blood, screaming, a couple shots, me not getting to the gym, some more screaming, Boy 1 not getting fed breakfast as his daycare and of course some more screaming followed by only an hour nap!
After a minor break-down in the morning I was able to recompose myself and get through the rest of the day. As other military spouses will tell you though - this is how TDY/Deployment goes! Nothing ever goes as planned and something always goes wrong!
Friday, August 15, 2008
I'm heading back home to Maryland today. Unfortunately we have to leave Shitface behind for another 2 1/2 months - but boy am I glad to be going back to our own house!
Look for me on Monday. Maybe sooner if we get settled back in - but don't hold your breath!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
And I know we're lame - but hey nothing says love like melted wax - Right??
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
(I see now that you can't really see but right below his knees where it looks a little pink - they're scratches...)
Me: What happened?
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Happy 2 Year Anniversary Shitface!
Happy Anniversary to the man I love - my soul mate!
Monday, August 11, 2008
So here it is:
One of the "traveling" exhibits that they had was Candy Unwrapped. It was a pretty cool exhibit - although I thought it an odd exhibit to have at an Air and Space Museum. Here is a picture of Shitface, Boy 1 and Girl trying to see how much sugar they could burn in one minute.
After the candy exhibit, it was off to see what we had gone there in the first place to see - planes! Here are a few of the cool ones that I liked.
They also had bumper boats outside (again not sure what they had to do with Air and Space but hey - who am I to judge) that Girl and Boy 1 loved. And it wasn't busy so the nice guy running it actually let the kids ride for almost 20 minutes!!
One of the other cool exhibits that they had was a full size Air Tran plane that you could walk through and there were flying games, etc inside. Along with this they had a luggage area where the kids could load the luggage on the conveyor and wait for it to drop out the other end. Here is a picture of Boy 1 and Girl trying to enjoy this.And I say trying because as you can see from the picture there was another little bratty spoiled girl there who kept grabbing all 3 pieces of luggage at once and not letting Girl and Boy 1 participate. And the mother just watched on as if her daughter was doing nothing wrong.
It gets hard to explain to my kids why they can't act that way when we come in contact with so many other kids whose parents don't give a damn what their kids are doing!
actually on this trip too - here is me pretending to be an astronaut as well!
Here is Shitface pretending to be an astronaut
And Boy 2 was with us but he spent most of the day in the stroller so there's no good pictures of him from the day either!
All in all in was a pretty fun day at the museum. Oh and we also got to go on the historic carousel that was right next to the museum. (No pictures of that though - Shitface took them and the ride was moving a little to fast for him to be able to take any decent pictures.) But trust me - we had fun!
Friday, August 8, 2008
1. You know you're old when your kids look at you with a puzzled look on their face when you talk about Woody Woodpecker, the Smurfs, the Jetsons, Looney Toones, etc.
2. My heart is divided between reading my new book and working. (Unfortunately, it's gonna have to be work today!)
3. Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee is what I need RIGHT NOW! (Anyone in the area want to stop and get me one?!?!)
4. I have felt the joys of parenthood, I have known the depths of summer vacation.
5. Gah, won't these people just take my kids back to school early!
6. Get me home to MD as soon as you can!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to doing absolutely nothing, tomorrow my plans include taking the kids back to Water Country because they had so much fun the first time and Sunday, I want to start packing to head back to MD at the end of the week! (And maybe if I'm lucky I can start reading my new book too)
If you would like to play too, head on over here.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Because I didn't have anything to post yesterday, so I posted nothing and I guess that just wasn't good enough for my loyal
I'm stuck in the same thing today - extreamly busy with work and not really much time to post anything; not that anything interesting has happened here this week unless you want to talk about one of the following:
- the kids arguing.
- me counting down the days til school/daycare starts (there's 9 in case you're wondering)
- the dead decomposing animal under our rental house here in VA that stinks like you wouldn't believe!
- the kids aruging AGAIN.
- the dead animal removal guy who came today and said he wasn't crawling under the house because there was a spider infestation (like 200 +)
- Girl stomping her feet and getting mad because we wern't doing anything "fun" this week -and now realizing that I've turned them into spoiled brats by doing that all summer!
- the dead animal removal guy telling me there were probably magots and black widow spiders all over the dead animal by now and the smell should go away in another day or so(and me about puking from the thought of it)
But I figured I had to post something just to ensure my
readers reader that I was alive and well - just overworked, tired and ready to go home!
Hopefully something interesting happens sometime this week so I can have something to blog about.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
(If you don't know about it....last week the kids (the older two that is) were both in a week long summer camp to give me a much needed break.)
The first day of camp Boy 1 wasn't too pleased that I was abandoning him at a strange place without his big sister. When I left he had stopped crying and he was sitting down but refused to sit on the carpet with the rest of the kids and instead elected to sit on the edge of the carpet....
When I picked him up Ms. Brown told me of the conversation they had a little later....
Boy 1: I'm not going to eat lunch with you guys.
Ms. Brown: Well why not?
Boy 1: Because I want my mom to pick me up.
Ms. Brown: Well I think your mommy really wants you to stay here and eat lunch with us.
Boy 1 reluctantly agreed and sat down to eat. Following lunch it was time for their 20 minute rest period and this conversation continued....
Boy 1: I'm NOT taking a nap.
Ms. Brown: Well why not?
Boy 1: Because I'm sure my mom is on her way to pick me up.
Ms. Brown: Well I think your mommy would really like you to rest with us.
Boy 1: Now, I KNOW she doesn't want me to do that!!
(Have I mentioned that Boy 1 isn't keen on taking naps??)
So while the first day was a little rough for Boy 1, after that he settled right in and even asked if he could stay for the next weeks camp as well. Which believe me, I would love to do but Girl wouldn't have anything to do but sit at home and drive me crazy for a week.
P.S. Girl 1 had a blast at camp - they went canoeing, rock climbing, geocaching, fishing, hiking - maybe I can join her camp and leave the kids at home to fend for themselves....just a thought....
Monday, August 4, 2008
5. Dog food. When did we start feeding our dog wet dog food?
6. Snacks. Not bad but I said get a couple - meaning 1 or 2. Did I mention that we're only here for another 2 1/2 weeks! There is no way we're going to eat all that before we leave. (And no I'm not moving it back with us - we have enough to move already!)
8. And the deodorant. Do you see the other one peeping out from behind the new one? Well that one is also new - from 2 days ago! Not a big deal you think - save it. Well I would if it worked!! I just told him the day before that the stuff was crap. And at $8.00 a piece (their clinical strength) another waste of money!
9. And to top it all off - not one SINGLE coupon was used!!
It is commenter #67, Ellen from On The Move. Look for my email and reply back to me within 4 days with your mailing address to claim your prize.
Thanks to everyone who commented and looked around my blog. I hope to see some of you guys back here again soon.
And I can't wait til the next Bloggy carnival in October!
P.S. Look for me over at your blog - I'm really trying my hardest to visit everyone who visited me. It may take forever - but I'm gonna try!
Friday, August 1, 2008
1. If I could travel back in time, I'd go to the 1930's to see if this test was true.
2. Give me my life or give me nothing.
3. I am listening to my children argue over breakfast. (Ahhh....camp here they come!)
4. Somewhere, someone is thinking this is the best day ever.
5. I'll always be here when my friends need me.
6. My idea of a good time includes spending time with my kids and husband.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include taking the kids to the Virginia Air & Space Museum and Sunday, I want to stay inside where its cool - we're in a heat wave here!
If you would like to participate or see more Friday Fill-Ins visit here.
Edited : Sorry to all who may have read this earlier with all the typo's. Guess I forgot to spell-check :-)